[Central-MD-Chapter] NFB chapter meeting reminder on Tuesday, November 3

blind at trailstone.com blind at trailstone.com
Fri Oct 30 01:57:24 UTC 2020

Hi All,
Our next NFB chapter meeting on Tuesday, November 3 at 6:30 p.m. is fast
approaching. Due to the corona virus pandemic, this meeting will be
conducted virtually by PHONE instead of in person. Many people had
difficulty dialing in a lot of numbers in a short period of time, so we are
trying out a new system such that you just simply dial a phone number.

To connect to the meeting dial (339)209-4083 on your phone.

At our October meeting we discussed all of the Meet the Blind events the
chapter was participating in. We also talked about registration for the
upcoming state convention. For more details check out:
http://nfbmd.org/convention/2020

Join President Riccobono for the National Federation of the Blind
Presidential Release
Sunday, November 1, 2020 at 8:00 p.m. EDT via Zoom | Para Español
Connection information below.

Since we are not meeting in-person we are virtually collecting chapter dues
for 2021. For those that have not already, You can write a check for $5 to
Central Maryland of the NFB and mail it to Al Maneki. Or you can pay through
the NFBMD web site at: https://nfbmd.org/dues note: make sure you select
Central Maryland and year 2021.

As you know The United States election are coming on November 3rd. See the
following message from the NFB national office.
Calling all blind and low-vision voters who participated in the 2020 United
States presidential election-the National Federation of the Blind needs your
feedback! Whether you voted during early voting, at your local polling place
on Election Day, or by mail, we want to hear about your experience. Please
complete the blind and low-vision voter experience survey at
https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/NGFMPF2.

The results of this survey will be provided to state election officials,
state protection and advocacy agencies, and voting rights advocates to help
improve the accessibility of future elections. Funding for the survey was
provided through a Help America Vote Act (HAVA) grant from the
Administration for Community Living, United States Department of Health and
Human Services. Questions about the survey or accessible voting should be
directed to Lou Ann Blake at lblake at nfb.org or 410-659-9314, extension 2221;
or Jeff Kaloc at jkaloc at nfb.org or 410-659-9314, extension 2206. Thank you
for your participation!

The tentative agenda for the chapter meeting is as follows
1.	Recite the NFB pledge - It is at the bottom of this email so
practice before the meeting
2.	Chapter business
a. reading of the minutes
b. treasurer report
c. announcements

3.	Jerry Price of LBPD will give a presentation about current
technology

4.	Presidential release
At our chapter meetings we do our best to listen to the latest NFB
presidential Release. Due to the timing of our meetings and when the
presidential release is made available, we do not get to listen to the
latest release. Always. Please make time to listen to the Presidential
release to hear what is happening within the NFB movement.
The latest Presidential Release can be found at
https://www.nfb.org/resources/publications-and-media/presidential-releases

Join President Riccobono for the National Federation of the Blind
Presidential Release
Sunday, November 1, 2020 at 8:00 p.m. EDT via Zoom | Para Español
Join President Mark Riccobono as he delivers the November presidential
release of the National Federation of the Blind. The presidential release is
a monthly message of highlights of current events and more. Members of the
Federation are encouraged to attend, and non-members are warmly welcomed.
Closed captions and Spanish interpretation will be available.
Submit Questions Now
After the remarks and updates from the elected President of the National
Federation of the Blind, the organization's first vice president, Pam Allen,
will moderate questions. This is a unique national forum to share the work
of the organization and answer questions that might be on the minds of blind
Americans. Send your questions in advance to cdanielsen at nfb.org and put
PR499 in the subject line or call 410-659-9314, extension 2473.
Join the Zoom
Join the event on November 1 via the web, mobile app, or dial in. Use the
link below to join the webinar:
https://zoom.us/j/98372763328
One-Tap Mobile: +16699006833,,98372763328# or +14086380968,,98372763328#

NFB Pledge

I pledge to participate actively in the effort of the National Federation of
the Blind to achieve equality, opportunity, and security for the blind; to
support the policies and programs of the Federation; and to abide by its
constitution.

Graham Mehl
blind at trailstone.com
NFB Central Maryland Chapter, President
NFB of Maryland Website and Technology Committee, Chair
LCB graduate, 2016