[Central-MD-Chapter] NFB chapter meeting reminder on Tuesday, March 2

blind at trailstone.com blind at trailstone.com
Mon Feb 22 01:06:13 UTC 2021

Hi All,
Our next NFB chapter meeting on Tuesday, March 2, 2021 at 6:30 p.m. is fast
approaching. Due to the corona virus pandemic, this meeting will be
conducted virtually by PHONE instead of in person.
To connect to the meeting dial (339)209-4083 on your phone.

IMPORTANT: If you have not paid your 2021 chapter dues yet, you need to
contact Al Maneki at 410-715-9596 or use pay pal at http://nfbmd.org/dues
(make sure you select the 2021 option and not the 2020 option)

Our February meeting was fun, exciting and re-energizing. Sharon Maneki
Summarized on what happened during Annapolis Week. She reviewed what the
NFBMD legislative and advocacy issues and priorities are for 2021. Ronza
Othman, the NFBMD state president, reviewed what the NFB national
legislative priorities are and How Washington seminar was going to work this
year with it being virtual. Lastly Ronza provided new information about new
and developing initiatives at the national and state levels regarding
diversity and inclusion as well as the new survivors task force. More
information about the survivors task force can be found at
www.nfb.org/survivors

Complete and Share the Diversity and Inclusion Survey:

The National Federation of the Blind is gathering information on diversity
and inclusion from members and leaders in the organization. Please take
approximately fifteen minutes to complete this important survey. The survey
includes a short optional and confidential questionnaire about you. Your
perspective and experiences are needed to develop diversity and inclusion
initiatives for our movement. If you have questions or need assistance with
the survey please connect with  <mailto:diversity at nfb.org> diversity at nfb.org
or call 410-659-9314 extension 2413.
The survey can be found at
 <https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/NFB-Diversity-Inclusion> 2021 Diversity and
Inclusion Survey (English)

The Maryland Department of Health has opened The COVID-19 Vaccination
Support Call Center.
The COVID-19 Vaccination Support Center will be open seven days a week from
7 a.m. to 10 p.m. Marylanders can call the center to get information on
COVID-19 vaccines and identify providers closest to their homes. The center
is specifically designed to assist residents without internet access or who
can't use web-based systems.

The center can also help callers schedule vaccination appointments at the
state's mass vaccination sites, including Six Flags America in Prince
George's County and the Baltimore Convention Center in Baltimore City.
Visit covidlink.maryland.gov for more information on Maryland's response to
COVID-19. Vaccine and other coronavirus data are available at
coronavirus.maryland.gov

The tentative agenda for the chapter meeting is as follows
1.	Recite the NFB pledge - It is at the bottom of this email so
practice before the meeting
2.	Chapter business
a. reading of the February minutes
b. treasurer report
c. announcements

3.	Alexander Graham Bell and phone presentation by Pam Goodman

4.	Presidential release
At our chapter meetings we do our best to listen to the latest NFB
presidential Release. Due to the timing of our meetings and when the
presidential release is made available, we do not get to listen to the
latest release. Always. Please make time to listen to the Presidential
release to hear what is happening within the NFB movement.
The latest Presidential Release can be found at
https://www.nfb.org/resources/publications-and-media/presidential-releases

NFB Pledge

I pledge to participate actively in the effort of the National Federation of
the Blind to achieve equality, opportunity, and security for the blind; to
support the policies and programs of the Federation; and to abide by its
constitution.

Graham Mehl
blind at trailstone.com
NFB Central Maryland Chapter, President
NFB of Maryland Website and Technology Committee member
LCB graduate, 2016