[HIABS] The National Federation Of The Blind Of Hawaii Invites You To Join Our Virtual Meetings, March 29 Through April 3, 2021

Leilani Borsa leilaniborsa08 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 29 01:59:01 UTC 2021

The National Federation of the Blind of Hawaii, Join our zoom meetings

Week of March 29 through April 3, 2021

For more information contact Leilani Borsa at: leilaniborsa08 at gmail.com or
Katie Keim 808keim at gmail.com

Mahalo and Aloha, Virgil Stinnett, President NFBH

nfbhpresident at gmail.com  (808) 722-4243

Below the Zoom information at the bottom there will be some information on
a new upcoming monthly Braille Zoom, Please check it out, and enjoy!All of
the meetings below have the same Zoom link at the bottom of the list,
except the Kauai Chapter Meeting which has it's own Zoom link right below
it.

Discussion Thursday will be taking a short break for the next few weeks but
will be back soon so stay tuned!

Mahalo!

Monday March 29, 2021, 12 PM HST, 6 PM EDT

NFBH Stretch and Relax With Non-Visual Yoga

Presenter: Carola Hinz

For more information contact: leilaniborsa08 at gmail.com

Thursday April 1, 2021, 10 AM HST, 4 PM EDT

Kauai Chapter Meeting

Doug Moises, President, moifeva at aol.com

Join Zoom Meeting: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/81571200214

Saturday April 3, 2021, 12 PM HST, 6 PM EDT

Cooking Fun!

Topic: Outdoor Dining (Picnics).

Presenter: Debbie Gabe

For more information & recipes, contact: debbiegabe at live.com

 Join Zoom Meeting

https://zoom.us/j/7454185223

Meeting ID: 745 418 5223

One tap mobile

+13462487799,,7454185223# US (Houston)

+14086380968,,7454185223# US (San Jose)

Dial by your location

        +1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)

        +1 408 638 0968 US (San Jose)

        +1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)

        +1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)

        +1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)

        +1 646 876 9923 US (New York)

        +1 301 715 8592 US (Germantown)

Meeting ID: 745 418 5223

All About Braille

A new Zoom meeting hosted by the NFB of Hawaii Braille Division. This is a
time when anyone and everyone can come and ask their questions about
braille. Should I learn it? What are the benefits of knowing braille?
Questions about specific contractions or other braille UEB signs. How is
UEB different from the old braille code? How to increase my reading speed
if I already read 200 words a minute?  Where to go to learn braille during
a pandemic? How do fluent braille readers actually read braille?  This is a
meeting for adults and children or adults working with children, for
sighted and blind people, for anyone with any interest in braille. Braille
is not a dying format. It is  an important way of transmitting and
receiving information, especially in today’s  electronic society.

So please join us on the first Saturday of each month beginning May 1,
2021, from 12 noon to 1 pm Hawaii Time, on zoom.  If you cannot get on
zoom, please let us know.  we will be happy to call you into the meeting.
This is a simple way to get on zoom using your land line phone or any other
phone.

Contact Debbie at 808 754 2793 or at debbiegabe at live.com