[humanser] HOLIDAYS & QUESTIONS

JD Townsend 43210 at bellsouth.net
Mon Dec 1 13:43:27 UTC 2008

Hi List:

Hoping that you each had a pleasant Thanksgiving and avoided the shopping crowds thereafter.

My question relates to my work computer.  Forms keep changing and slowly there are available at my place of employment, a hospital based mental health clinic for children and adolescents, electronic forms as Word documents.  Great?  But my network PC only has 1 GB of RAM and these forms become too slow to be effective.

I have complained, my PC doesn't accept any further RAM.  And, the hospital isn't listening - financial problems.

I could go to my state's blind services.
I could just do as I've done in the past, making my own forms, not the exact forms that everyone else needs to use, but forms that are okay because I'm blind.

I have used Window-Eyes and JFW, both are too slow to work productively.  Might Seratech products respond more quickly?

All suggestions are welcome.

JD Townsend, LCSW
Daytona Beach, Florida, Earth, Sol System