[humanser] Congratulations, Merry!

David R. Stayer davidandloristayer at verizon.net
Thu Apr 2 02:59:47 UTC 2009

As one who is retired, but still active in our profession of social work I
hope your work in the field is rewarding.  I found working at a hospital for
37 years wonderful since I had a chance to make a difference in the lives of
many people.  As with you I used my blindness as a positive.  I not only
educated the patients but many thousands of hospital employees over the
years.  Years ago I was the first disabled and obviously blind professional
hired by Nassau County in New York.  Fortunately others have been hired
since.  I am still trying to make a difference by educating our profession
on the abilities of blind and or disabled peers.