[humanser] Comprehensives Complete. Whew!

Mary Chappell mtc5 at cox.net
Mon Aug 10 06:03:39 UTC 2009

Hey all,
I finished the first day of 13 hours of testing last Sunday and worked the
final 8 hours today. Preparation was a real experience. I definitely feel
more knowledgeable.  This is the culminating bench mark for four years of
study and a boat load of clinical hours. I am trusting that I have passed
but will not have that confirmed until October, when pass/fail results come
out. Results take so long because all those hours are spent writing answers
to 12 essay exam questions on everything from diagnostic conceptualization,
to assessment protocol, from diversity, to psychophysiology, from
psychopharmacology to treatment efficacy. Fortunately, I have clinical
experience with Borderline Personality Disorder and that was what the
clinical presentation was. I am now exhaling and going to bed to make up the
two weeks of sleep I have just foregone. I just wanted to share my
excitement about having this behind me.
Mary