[humanser] Podcast about book and working as a therapist who is blind, etc.

Carmella D Broome cdbroome at worldnet.att.net
Sun Feb 15 16:10:13 UTC 2009

Hi everyone, I wanted to let y'all know that I recorded a podcast last Tuesday about my  book, how blindness impacts me and my work as a therapist, etc.  It was very balanced, I thought, as far as book stuff and  philosophy of blindness/how I do  things and  being a counselor stuff, etc. If you are interested in hearing it,  it is currently available at
https://www.sendthisfile.com/RVGNQTmklXiWoQTiwEjHTVJ9

The podcast was for the Insider Podcast series which reaches mental health consumers and professionals and I don't even know who all.  The gentleman who does these, John  Riolo PhD, has various on line projects.  His sites are all really interesting and  worth checking out just for their own sake, in my opinion.

John and I have been on email discussion lists together for some time and  an article of mine about  working as a therapist who also happens to be blind  was first published on one of his sites several years ago. The link to it is
www.youradvocateonline.com/insight_without_sight.html

I welcome comments or feedback on either the article or the  podcast.

Best to all,
Carmella

Carmella Broome, Ed.S., LPC, LMFT/I
Crossroads Counseling Center