[humanser] JOBS

Charlotte Czarnecki czarnecki17 at comcast.net
Tue Jan 6 01:26:32 UTC 2009

Ronit:

You can still file a charge of discrimination with the eeoc regarding your
rejection earlier this year.  Even though you were told verbally you
wouldn't get the job because of your blindness and you have nothing in
writing, you still have a good case that's worthy of an investigation by the
EEOC.  I am employed with them and I know that the evidence that is obtained
in many good cases is not necessarily written.  Sometimes it's who has the
most believable story.  Even if the case couldn't be proven, filing a charge
is free and the employer should be put on alert that a blind person has been
wronged.  We can't let the system beat us and we need to keep fighting and
not let people get away with what they did.  The employer has to show you
wouldn't be able to perform the essential functions of the job with or
without accommodations just as you showed them you could with
accommodations.  I strongly encourage you to file just to at least get your
voice heard.  You have nothing to lose especially now that you have a job.

Charlotte Czarnecki