[humanser] Deaf blind query.

Judith Bron jbron at optonline.net
Thu Jun 4 14:49:28 UTC 2009

The first suggestion is getting letters in English that are in 3-D.  Perhaps
a magnetic alphabet board would help.  Then run his finger along the raised
letter.  Now put his finger on the corresponding letter in braille.  You
said he has very little education.  Perhaps you can consult a first grade
reader (book) and learn the most elementary vocabulary.  It's a challenge,
but I'm sure you can do it.  My other suggestion is to ask the teachers of
the deaf blind.  Perhaps they have better methods of teaching this
population.  Judith