[humanser] deaf-blind

Angela Palmer nexaliq at comcast.net
Mon Jun 8 23:04:22 UTC 2009

Hi,
I am a deaf blind woman who received my MS in counseling in 2006.  Working the man who is deaf and now blind will be difficult.  He might benefit from the Helen Keller National Center in New York.  When I went there the staff was fabulous.  If you cannot sign with him you can use block letters and write in the palm of his hand.  I know this will be tedious but will probably be the only way to communicate with him.  I seriously recommend a place that can work with someone who has dual sensory losses.

Angela