[humanser] Dealing with blindness when applying to internships

Judyth Leavitt leavitt at together.net
Fri Feb 26 19:32:21 UTC 2010

Hello Melissa;

First, I have been counseling sighted individuals for the past 4 years.  My
Clients often say the reason they connect with me so strongly is that "You
don't judge me on my appearance...how I dress..."  I think I had many of the
same concerns as you however rapport-building takes place despite all
obstacles.  I hope this is helpful.

Judyth A. Leavitt, LICSW, LADC