[humanser] Technology-Related Question For Those Employed In Mental Health Professions

Dena Wainwright autumnrose21 at gmail.com
Tue May 29 10:04:39 UTC 2012

Hello Everyone:
I have a graduate degree in a counseling field and am currently
working toward my state license for professional counseling. I am
working with a rehab counselor to put together an employment plan.
One of the components of the plan deals with technology. I am
wondering if anyone would be willing to share with me the sorts of
devices you find most useful in your day-to-day routine.
For instance: One of my thoughts is that a small braille display with
notetaking capabilities might be useful in cases where I am listening
to a client and wish to take notes about the conversation without a
screen reader chatting away in my ear.
I was also wondering what people typically use for record keeping. For
instance: In a private practice, how do you organize your client
files, records on fees that have been paid, client forms, etc.
Any information and recommendations would be greatly appreciated.
Dena