[humanser] Benefits Counseling Programs

JD Townsend 43210 at Bellsouth.net
Wed Sep 5 00:13:34 UTC 2012

Welcome Philip,

Benefits Counseling is a part of Human Resources in larger firms, especially
those that offer a variety of benefit programs.

I work at a hospital and we have such a department within the HR department
.  At the time when employee benefits are changing, an annual event, we have
choices of a variety of employee benefits;  during this "enrollment period"
we have an opportunity to meet with a benefits counselor.  At my hospital
this interview is farmed out to an independent provider of such services.
These folks travel around the Central Florida area doing these employee
enrollment interviews.

>From your tag line it would seem that you are seeking something different,
perhaps disability, vetrans, senior and other governmental benefit programs.
If this is your goal, then seeking a case management, advocate, citizen
organizing or social work employment might be more to your liking.

JD Townsend LCSW
Helping the light dependent to see.
Daytona Beach, Earth, Sol System