[humanser] New Member

Dorothea Martin bestsinger at samobile.net
Tue Aug 6 20:38:56 UTC 2013

Hello to All,
I have just joined this list and would like to introduce myself. |I am
an American studying Positive Psychotherapy, a new branch of
psychotherapy known mainly in Europe and Asia, in Kosovo. I am in my
last semester of classwork for a Master's degree in this field. I am
blind and look forward to sharing ideas and thoughts with other human
services workers. Beginning in September I will be facilitating a
psychotherapy and mental health maintenance group for teenaged students
at the Kosovo school for the blind and helping them start a music
program to prepare students to enter the music program at the
university in Pristina, the capital of Kosovo. I am 62 years old anhd
in my day the schools for the blind gave no attention to teaching us
how to maintain our mental health. I believe that this lack has
actually led to many blind people dying well before their time. I want
to specialize in helping blind and disabled people to maintain or
restore mental health. I very much look forward to sharing ideas with
all of you.
Dotty Martin