[humanser] life coach

Sandy sandraburgess at msn.com
Wed Jul 10 00:18:26 UTC 2013

Ashley,

A life coach is a person who helps individuals decide what they want to do
with their lives.  This is my idea from what I have read.  At one time in my
life, I was guided by a counselor who specialized in career counseling as
well as counseling those with personal issues.  Through discussions, tests,
writing assignments between sessions, I was helped to find a direction for
my life in terms of work, but also he got me thinking about where I wanted
to live, in what type of dwelling, and so on.  Somebody on this list once
mentioned they do life coaching; I don't remember who wrote about it.

>From my knowledge, there is no Master's.  There seem to be various programs
that one completes and there is certification.  One course I found by
searching online is given by IPEC (can't think of its complete name) and
they wanted a few thousand to take classes.  A man whose last name is Sex
called me as I filled out some info for information.  Bill Sex is the New
England rep for the organization.  He suggested I find an online course to
save money, but I would like recommendations, and don't want to go to take
some courses from some company that is not highly regarded.

Hope some of this is helpful to you.

Sandy