[humanser] Assistive technology?

Sandy sandraburgess at msn.com
Wed Jun 12 21:29:10 UTC 2013

Lindsay,

I have always used my Pac Mate BX and it has been helpful to use while
meeting with clients.  I would have an assessment form and read parts with
the display while with clients, then fill out the form.  I do not do
billing, but my progress notes after each session allow me to be paid.
Because I am not licensed to practice independently, the actual billing is
not my problem.

Right now the software my agency recently bought does not work well with
JAWS, plus they are using forms developed by a company in Massachusetts to
standardize paperwork, such as initial assessments, treatment plans,
progress notes, etc. The standards forms are giving we blind folks problems,
and the developers have gone about two years promising they would make the
forms accessible.

Sandy