[humanser] Tech Question

Dorothea Martin bestsinger at samobile.net
Mon Nov 25 05:29:05 UTC 2013

Hello, Elyssa,
For the large variety of things you and also I do, a Windows computer
with the programs you are accustomed to will do better. None of the
Braille notation software works with Macks. Also, the screen reader
does not have the configurability that JAWS has. If you are going to do
light word processing, internet and email, the Mack will work, however.
What seems to me is that you can always buy a Windows laptop that is on
offer for a couple hunmdred dollars, I've got an HP EliteBook a couple
of models back and it serves all my needs. With a Mack you will have to
buy a good one. What about an inexpensive Windows laptop and an Apple
iPad? Just my thoughts.
Dotty Martin