[humanser] Membership information

Merry Schoch merrys at verizon.net
Mon Aug 4 02:06:45 UTC 2014

Welcome Fellow Therapists & Other Human Service Workers:

We are the NFB Human Services Division, a place for advocacy & fellowship
for all of us in, or

contemplating being in, any of the many professions that can be grouped as
human services.  We have

Social Workers, Mental Health Counselors & other mental health
professionals, Occupational, Speech, &

Physical Therapists, Massage, Music & Recreational Therapists, as well as
other specialties, such as

Genetics Counselor, Dieticians.s & other medical professionals.   We
encompass a lot of territory!

Our membership and Board of Directors include students & employed
professionals with decades of

experience.  We are currently advocating for issues related to full access
to licensure testing and that

troubling line in many job descriptions, "Driver's License Required."  Our
Board Meetings are by 'phone

and are open to all.

Our email list offers a good place to help others with suggestions and
encouragement, or to ask for

assistance.

It can be a struggle being blind in a sighted world, for instance with
computer-based or electronic record

keeping.  The NFB is helping to make this easier, currently working to
ensure that all Electronic Medical

Records are screen reader friendly;  an uphill battle that the Human
Services Division is championing.

You are a special person, desiring to help others.  Few things change what
it means to be blind more

than helping light dependent persons to solve their human needs.  Let's do
it together.

Joining the Division is easy and cheap.  It currently costs only $5.00 a
year!  We need your help to

strengthen our call for the changes noted above.

To join today, just send a check to me, Treasurer and Membership Committee
Chair:

            JD TOWNSEND

            1598 Riverside Drive

            Holly Hill   FL   32117

Just add your name, email and address in print or braille and you can be a
part of a positively focused

group of human service professionals.

Let's all be a part of change.

Yours,

JD TOWNSEND, TREASURER

NFB HUMAN SERVICES DIVISION

April 27, 2014

JD Townsend LCSW

Helping the light dependent to see.

Daytona Beach, Earth, Sol System

Merry C. Schoch, MSW ISW#6961

Professional Social Worker/Counselor

(813) 523-6573

Merryschoch at verizon.net

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTE: The information transmitted, including attachments, is
intended only for the person(s) or entity to which it is addressed and may
contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, retransmission,
destroy any copies of this information.