[humanser] pitching to the state

Sandy sandraburgess at msn.com
Fri Feb 7 00:39:52 UTC 2014

Quinto,

All I know is that a friend of mine with some disabilities, not blindness,
talked to the local Mass. Rehab Commission and was given the opportunity to
teach a grant writing class to some clients.  We don't now keep in touch, so
I don't know if she did that again, but I have noticed the Mass. Rehab
Commission is open about things that my state blindness agency does not want
to do. They certainly paid for my friend's taking the social work licensing
test, and for the state license, plus some other stuff.  I didn't ask my
agency for funds dealing with testing to become certified; I did ask about
any help paying tuition and was declined.  I'm not complaining, not saying
they should have provided funds, though I am surprised my friend could get
funding because she was working full-time.

Sandy