[humanser] ways we read

Ericka Short ericka.short at wi.rr.com
Tue Jan 21 22:15:41 UTC 2014

I am more like you sandy.  In college I  used to take print notes, but I
took them in class and then from the book.  It seemed to solidify things in
my brain.  At least it organized the chaos better!  Like you I could take
them anywhere and rehearse for a test without carrying books or anything
else.  I literally printed.  I couldn't read my own cursive when I wrote so
fast.  Then I relied on a cctv because  I had a really hard time with the
cassette books.  I didn't know they existed until 1990 when I started
college.

If I had to do it now, I would rather use braille.  I can't read it well
enough to do it efficiently yet though.  I do take braille with me to the
doctor's office.  I carry it in a tote bag and just have to make sure my
coat or purse doesn't sit on it.  Flat dots are erased does and then nothing
makes sense. I do it because I need the practice.  At the doctor's office I
don’t' have anything else to distract me like I do at home.  Too much like
the computer, phone and chores calling my name.  I try to read at least
three pages a day even if it's the Hadley textbook.  I need to practice
writing to someone.  it's hard to write to myself when I can still read my
own grocery lists, etc.

Ericka J. Short
262-697-0510

"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me". Philippians 4:13

"No hand is too small or too big to do good in this world." EJ. Short