[humanser] volunteers

Ericka Short ericka.short at wi.rr.com
Sat Jan 25 19:55:35 UTC 2014

I've never had a problem with the older generation either, Jan.  It's those
baby boomers that have caused me more trouble.  Folks 40 and younger have
been pretty good to me.  Somehow the older ones lightened up and the  40-70
year olds missed the positive message.

My great aunt loved having me come to visit her.  I was one of the few
family she would talk to.  We rarely got to see here because we live 2 hours
drive to the facility, but  the aides always asked me how I could get her to
do things and they couldn't.  I don't know what th e deal was, but Auntie
Betty was always proud of me.  My grandma who's now  close to ninety herself
is always bragging about me to people.  She's been  teaching  church members
how to  respect and treat the blind  at her church since one of the newest
members is totally blind and is trying to be active.  She says she's so sick
of telling people to ask if he needs help, not just give it.  My
grandparents give him a ride home if the weather is wicked like it's been.
Otherwise he walks.  This is the same church I was baptized in and was a
member when I was little.  You'd think some people would remember.

Ericka J. Short
262-697-0510

"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me". Philippians 4:13

"No hand is too small or too big to do good in this world." EJ. Short