[humanser] volunteers

Ericka Short ericka.short at wi.rr.com
Sun Jan 26 04:43:53 UTC 2014

No wonder you went into counseling.  You  wanted to help families to not
repeat the weirdness you have to put up with.  Your family is so foreign to
me.  There's about four of us between the two sides that  are in some way
disabled.  My cousin is ADHD and some other minor issues because he was the
child of parents with some real issues.  My uncle was an alcoholic and did
drugs.  My Aunt is visually impaired and Schizophrenic.  A second cousin is
cognitively challenged. The other two are severely leaning disabled. None of
us have been "hidden" from family at all.  We are welcome anywhere and we
look out for each other.  When I married, I began to understand the drama
though.  Depression, Bipolar, Autism, learning delays/speech problems,
social anxiety, bad relationships and difficulty keeping a job--it's all
there somewhere in the history.  Still, I love 'em all!  My mom's family was
more like yours without the disability issues when she was growing up.  I
can say  my life was no fairytale as many think because my parents are still
married to each other and the relatives talk to each other more than once a
year.

Ericka Short
262-697-0510

"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me". Philippians 4:13

"No hand is too small or too big to do good in this world." EJ. Short