[humanser] Helpful masters degrees

Sandy sandraburgess at msn.com
Mon Jan 27 03:37:48 UTC 2014

Hi,

Social work school programs differ in how they are presented.  For instance,
at University of Connecticut you either follow a social work track toward
counseling, or another track (I think it's for those wishing to manage like
a nonprofit).  There was a time my manager said that was how U of Michigan
was run, and she had no desire to do clinical work.  Then there the programs
like the one I took, which is called Advanced Generalist Social Work, and it
was varied between macro, micro, and now don't know the other (sure is not
mini).  I enjoyed all the policy classes I took that often dealt with the
problems of oppressed, poor, etc.

Best,

Sandy