[humanser] Confronting Discrimination at McDonald's

Ericka Short ericka.short at wi.rr.com
Sat Jul 12 23:39:10 UTC 2014

I am very surprised the staff acted this way.  Most Mc D's  have a sign by
the doors saying they welcome service animals.  So sorry this happened to
you two.  At least they should have given the dogs a burger for the insult
to them.  (smile)  I have a friend who was yelled at by the local cops.  Her
dog was making a pit stop and the cop came over personally to enforce the
"scoop the poop" rule.  Not kindly might I add.  I know my friend and she
probably had the scooper and bag already visible too.  Some people are just
plain weird.  Maybe they were bitten by a dog as a child and never got over
it?  Maybe there were other dogs in there not as well behaved as yours.  I
have heard of naughty dogs leaving a bad impression.  Just reinforces the
point that service dogs  of all kinds need to be from licensed programs
rather than allowing anyone to buy and train their own dog/horse/chicken to
help. Not sure how the chicken would work out...you know they aren't always
willing to cross the road! Seriously, I am glad  you two  didn't let it
slide.  I'm not a dog user, but the cane hasn't always been welcome either.
Told to get out because you can't bring in the  guide dog or talked two like
a two year old because you have a cane.  No win situation! Hopefully this
gets resolved without  court action and  you have a much better week ahead.

Thank you for the  link to the  story in Mexico.  I know little Spanish, but
I have a friend who's fluent and can translate.

Ericka J. Short
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me". Philippians 4:13

"No hand is too small or too big to do good in this world." EJ. Short