[humanser] update

Dr. Chappell mtc5 at cox.net
Sun Jul 13 20:02:33 UTC 2014

Merry,
Beautifully stated.
MTC

-----Original Message-----
From: humanser [mailto:humanser-bounces at nfbnet.org] On Behalf Of Merry
Schoch via humanser
Sent: Sunday, July 13, 2014 3:47 PM
To: Human Services Mailing List
Subject: [humanser] update

I am not a list serv member of the blind talk list;however, I hear I am
being criticized for the manner in which I handled myself.  Anyone on this
list may forward this to that list if they so choose.  So, my reply to my
critics are:  "Thank you for your input; I will take your words into
consideration.  I do not apologize for my behavior.   And the day I do not
get angry because of discrimination towards anyone..please just shoot me!!

I teach children and adults that anger is a normal emotion; my anger was
managed and controlled.

Now back to perspectives about things posted on this list:

I do not have any words against McDonalds.  My daughter worked for the
McDonalds this incident happened in the other day.  I have worked for a
McDonalds, but won't tell you how long ago that was, smile.  As I mentioned
previously , I was a restaurant manager many years ago and it is very
difficult work.  It is a physical and mental job and takes a great deal of
education and training; so I do not be grudge anyone working in a McDonalds.
In fact, good for them.  This incident just demonstrates there needs to be
training in the area of service animals.  As I mentioned before,  the
Caspers Corp. and this local McDonalds supported us in the past when doing a
White Cane Safety Day event many years ago.  We had our local sherrif
deputy's stage at the McDonalds while a cruiser with another deputy waited
down the road.  We cross the intersection and when a driver would violate
the white Cane law the deputy behind the tree at McDonalds would call the
deputy in the cruiser; the vehicle would get pulled over and get a warning.
McDonalds handed out all that day the White Cane Law to their customers and
fed our chapter lunch free of charge.

Again, I will not deny my anger.  I will not apologize for it.
Discrimination cuts to the core of a person's being and should not be
tolerated by anyone.  Everyone has value and worth.let no one take that away
from you!

Merry C. Schoch, MSW ISW#6961

Professional Social Worker/Counselor

(813) 523-6573

Merryschoch at verizon.net

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTE: The information transmitted, including attachments, is
intended only for the person(s) or entity to which it is addressed and may
contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, retransmission,
destroy any copies of this information.