[humanser] Non-visual observational skills in therapy.

Kaiti Shelton crazy4clarinet104 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 6 18:28:41 UTC 2014

Hi,

Yes, my disability office knows about it, but again I won't have a
notetaker or someone to assist me when I hit the job market.  I need
to learn how to do my job independently.  I know from talking to other
music therapists who are blind that I will have more flexibility in
how I choose to document, and the one I am in regular contact with
said the forms I have to complete are way more in depth than anything
she has to do as a professional, but still, I can't rely upon someone
to tell me these things when the point of the class is to help develop
these skills in me.  My professors know I won't be able to document
visual information; I'm just asking for other methods I can use to
find the same information.

I do keep a cane with me all the time.  I can't really use it in
sessions because my hands are usually both full playing a guitar or
piano, or assisting a client to play their instrument, but I do have
it with me in plain sight, usually strapped onto my backpack if not in
my hand.

--
Kaiti