[humanser] a few questions about technology

Renee Pavlus renee.pavlus at gmail.com
Fri Oct 17 04:49:42 UTC 2014

Hello Everyone:
If all goes well I should be taking on a counseling position, here in
Orem Utah, at Utah Valley University, here  in their counseling center
the first of the year. I will offer direct therapy to students. I can
finally get the thousand hours and graduate preparing to take the CMHC
exam. I have a few concerns:
They use a encryption program called "titanium", have any of you used
this with JAWS software? If so, how did it go, and what should I be
aware of?
I am looking for either a separate skanner unit , or software to be
added to a computer so I can scan printed material and read
confidential notices, files, etc; any one use software, or have access
to a separate unit which reads print in to word, I use JAWS, as
mensioned?
What braille embossers are heavy-duty? Which ones do you use?
We are looking at Dragon Dictation with a program compatible with jaws
to spell and let me write verbally since I have a real spelling issue.
Have any of you used the Dragon with the adaption? If what, what
experiences have you had?
How are you all dealing with HIPPA 2013 on the job? How do you deal
with confidentiality and readers, scribes, handing or putting
classified case notes in to the files yourself?And what other issues
should I or my supervisor need to address or be concerned with?
Perhaps these are issues which have been covered at this forum, if
not, I would appreciate either a call, or email. *385* 223-8348.
I appreciate the advice about our counseling techniques and awareness
in thisprofession while being blind. I also appreciate the feedback
and support.
Thanks much.
Renee M Pavlus