[humanser] Letting know of desire to collaborate but with compensation?

Reyazuddin, Yasmin Yasmin.Reyazuddin at montgomerycountymd.gov
Wed Sep 3 17:52:41 UTC 2014

Hi Gerardo,
If you have a desire to work you will do it with or without pay. Sometimes we need to get our foot in the door and show our worth.
I call it catch 22. all jobs want one new recruit to have some work experience. For many blind people getting out of educational institutes have nun.
Volunteering gives one the opportunity to get work experience without pay and to fulfill the requirements of a job vacancy.
One can also find out what their strengths and weaknesses are. Once you have shown your worth and work ethics the company may want to hire you.
I hope this helps. We can not change the attitudes of the whole community but we can change attitudes one person at a time.

Yasmin Reyazuddin
Aging & Disability Services
Montgomery County Government
Department of Health & Human Services
401 Hungerford Drive (3rd floor)
Rockville MD 20850
240-777-0311 (MC311)
240-777-1556 (personal)
240-777-1495 (fax)
office hours 8:30 am 5:00 pm
Languages English, Hindi, Urdu, Braille

This message may contain protected health information or other information that is confidential or privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by return mail and destroy any copies of this material.

Thank you.