[humanser] Conducting a mental status exam.

JD Townsend 43210 at Bellsouth.net
Mon Feb 2 03:41:23 UTC 2015

Hello:

I will sometimes ask a receptionist if I can't tell;  however I usually just
ask.  I have been told, "I'm in my pajamas," to, "business atire."  Folks
are the best at describing themselves, and it gives you additional
information.  Frequently people tell me, "I'm glad you can't see me,"
explaining how ashamed they are with their appearance.

-----Original Message-----
From: Anjelina via humanser
Sent: Tuesday, January 27, 2015 2:47 PM
To: Human Services Division Mailing List
Subject: [humanser] Conducting a mental status exam.

Good afternoon all, I have a quick question. For those who are therapist,
when you need to administer a mental status exam how do you go about
answering the questions that are visual in nature about the client? For
example, one of the questions is what the person looks like, what they're
wearing, their facial expressions. Thanks for any input and if you need
clarification feel free to ask and I can clarify once I am at a computer.

Anjelina