[humanser] H. S. working with perspective place of employment

Reyazuddin, Yasmin Yasmin.Reyazuddin at montgomerycountymd.gov
Thu Feb 5 20:36:44 UTC 2015

Hi Lisa,
About 15 years ago, I was a volunteer at our local supportive listening hotline, which was funded by the county but run by a not for profit. People could use the computer screen to track the call but I had no problem with this task. There was another volunteer with me to answer calls and we had a supervisor. I had to remember some important phone numbers and the manager gave me this information on a disc which I transferred into Braille.
During my first day I had a suicide call and my task was to alert the other volunteer without breaking up with the caller. I asked the caller descriptive questions and the volunteer heard me. He alerted the supervisor and also tracked the call.
You should be able to get the binder in Braille or digital format without any challenges. Be your own advocate and it will work out.

Yasmin Reyazuddin
Aging & Disability Services
Montgomery County Government
Department of Health & Human Services
401 Hungerford Drive (3rd floor)
Rockville MD 20850
240-777-0311 (MC311)
240-777-1556 (personal)
240-777-1495 (fax)
office hours 8:30 am 5:00 pm
Languages English, Hindi, Urdu, Braille

This message may contain protected health information or other information that is confidential or privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by return mail and destroy any copies of this material.

Thank you.