[humanser] Social Workers

JD Townsend 43210 at Bellsouth.net
Thu Feb 12 03:41:45 UTC 2015

Greetings Sharri:

I'd like to refocus your question.  Instead of finding out what other blind
social workers are doing, consider it as if you were speaking to a client.
The question might be, not what might you be able to do as a disabled blind
person, but what area of social work calls to you.

One of the pleasures of social work is that there are so many areas in which
one can practice.  Over the last 35 years as a MSW I've worked with the
following populations:  chronic mentally ill folks, homeless folks, elderly
folks in nursing homes, children & adolescents with behavioral issues,
substance addicted folks.  As you can see from my history there is no single
field that you might be limited to.  The entire field is your oyster.  So,
follow your heart to the place where you can be most effective as a change
agent.

Best of luck.

JD
-----Original Message-----
From: Sharri Anderson via humanser
Sent: Thursday, February 05, 2015 11:32 PM
To: Human Services Mailing List
Subject: [humanser] Social Workers

Hello everyone,

I need some help from all please, I am doing some research on the different
areas that a MSSW can open up for me to work.. I am interested in area
social workers are employed in besides case management. Please email me at
mzanderson27 at gmail.com. Also, I have some questions I will ask you, I need
this info 1 because I am trying to decide what area I would enjoy working
in and 2 these answers will help me when I ask the Office for the Blind for
more funds to help pay for college.Thank you for your time!

Sharri