[humanser] IPad used for charting

JD Townsend 43210 at Bellsouth.net
Mon Jan 12 03:47:05 UTC 2015

Hi Kati:

While I don't know anyone using tablets with apps for work, I do know of
some using PC based applications such as Therascribe.  These programs are
popular and do provide adequate chart materials for insurance and monitoring
agencies.  I imagine that some have developed tablet apps.

That said, I do not know how screen reading software might interact with
these programs.  I imagine that someone, at some time, has made Jaws scripts
for one or more of these applications.

JD

-----Original Message-----
From: Kaiti Shelton via humanser
Sent: Saturday, January 10, 2015 12:23 AM
To: humanser at nfbnet.org
Subject: [humanser] IPad used for charting

Hi all,

Many medical professionals, including music therapists, are using
IPads to chart patient conditions and progress.  Some music therapists
have apps they can use to keep track of client records for people they
see privately, while others work in interdisciplinary treatment teams
which require different apps that allow several medical professionals
to have access to the same charts.  I'm curious to figure out if any
of you use IPad apps for charts, and your experiences with
accessibility.  Do you keep your own charts or work as part of a team
which shares information?  How much choice did you have in the app you
used?  Any help would be appreciated, especially since my parents are
looking into buying me an IPad for use in therapy sessions as I draw
closer to professional work.

--
Kaiti