[humanser] Convention update

Sarah Meyer sarah.meyer55 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 17 03:58:08 UTC 2015

Greetings, Federationists and members of the Human Services Division,
I would like to echo the heartfelt messages regarding our most recent
Convention and division meetings.  It was truly a gift and a joy to
make so many lasting memories and to actively participate in
continuing the work of our movement.
I would like to thank Merry for her dedication and leadership; I would
also like to thank David and JD for their insightful, heartfelt
service, and on a personal note, for making me feel welcomed and
hopeful about this field when I first joined this email list a few
years ago.

I am eager to work with the rest of the board and with all of our membership
to advocate for equal access in our education, testing, and
employment, so that we can live the lives we want and thereby can help
others to live the lives that they want as well.  I am grateful for
this division, and I agree that it says a lot that so many among our
2015 NFB Scholarship Class are in the Human Services field.  We are a
dynamic group of people and together I believe we can level the
playing field so that we can provide great and effective service to
others just as well as, if not better, than our sighted peers.  I look
forward to working with and learning from all of you.  Thank you for
giving me this opportunity to serve as a member of our Board.

I hope everyone is resting and recovering from the activities of our
wonderful 75th Convention! (I don't know about others, but I am still
worn out, haha!)

Sarah
--
Sarah K. Meyer