[humanser] JAWS 16 and pdf

Steve Jacobson steve.jacobson at visi.com
Sun Jul 19 13:25:20 UTC 2015

Dave is right, Window-Eyes cannot perform OCR on images like JAWS can.  I must say, though, that I did not have the best of luck reading an image PDF with JAWS 16 using the demo, but there could be tweaks I could have made of which I was not aware.  I've had better luck reading them with Kurzweil 1000 and also by sending the PDF to the RoboBraille web site which will convert them and send back the results.  Try www.robobraille.org/

Other OCR programs such as OmniPage and FineReader will also read them.  Buying an OCR program to read PDF's is probably not worth it, but if you already own one of these, it is worth checking out.

Best regards,

Steve Jacobson
‎