[humanser] Hi all, Fwd: To disclose or not disclose on internship apps

Ericka dotwriter1 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 23 18:22:24 UTC 2015

Remember guys we are not the only minority population out there. Look up the statistics and yes there are lots of blind people in prison. There's also a lot of learning disabled, people with mental health issues, and multiple disabilities that are in there. We are not the only ones on the fringe of society and we need to work together. We except people like Dick Davis that is cited to help us in our struggle for equal opportunities so why not help with other on the fringe of society. Werther many white people that walked and supported Martin Luther King? It saddens me that this would be a blind versus sighted issueto many. If the goal is total integration into society a.k.a. living the life we want why would we be the only one to support that? Everything including this change in societal attitude is important. Our fightnow would be harder without previous civil rights legislation. The more positively about people who are currently seen as different or throwaway needs to change. All that are not white & completely able-bodied are in this category. And we are not the only people with a disability that can't drive! I have a very bright cousin with severe learning disabilities that can't & never will unless driverless cars become available to all of us.

Please, don't be offended by reading this and think that I am not for the NFB cause it all. I just see things brought her and I see this broadness and partnerships to make lives better for all of us. I think we've many times look at things so narrowly and got discouraged because of it.  We are the only ones in the community of differently abled if you'd like that want to live the life they want. Besides, many of our comrades Nana be our challenged in other ways besides their blindness.

Ericka Short
"Friends are like flowers in the garden of life"

Sent from my iPhone