[humanser] GRE Preparation Materials in Accessible Formats

Sarah Meyer sarah.meyer55 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 16 05:11:58 UTC 2015

Hi Christina,

I just want to say that I am really impressed with the thoroughness of your
email and the fact that you are not just muddling your way through this
process alone, but that you are sharing your experience (including the
resources found and challenges encountered) with others.  I know from
personal experience that the process for applying for GRE accomodations is
slow and tedious, and I agree that students with disabilities should not
have to agonize for so long in advance to try to plan for a test date while
able-bodied students have more room for flexibility and increased mental
capacity because they aren't having to deal with the anxiety of wondering
whether or not the exam will be accessible.

Also, I wanted to let you and anyone else know that, yes, the Braille
practice tests are super helpful, and so are the Braille study materials for
math.  I hadn't taken a math class in 7 years by the time I was going to
take the GRE, so those study materials were a life saver in refreshing my
memory and re-teaching me some important math skills. ;)

Please keep us posted about your progress in dealing with ETS and if you
decide to contact Valerie Yingling.

Best of luck,

Sarah

Sarah K. Meyer, Graduate Student

Clinical Mental Health Counseling; Social Psychology

Ball State University

Phone: (317) 402-6632

Email: SKMeyer at bsu.edu