[humanser] CACREP for Counselors

JMassay jmassay1 at cox.net
Fri Sep 11 14:44:48 UTC 2015

Janice and all-

In reading your post regarding Tricare and the VA having issues with paying
LPC's, I have not had that experience. I am a provider for Tricare in
Oklahoma, am an LPC in private practice and receive reimbursement for the
Tricare clients that I see. Also, I did not graduate from a CACREP
accredited program

However, that being said.it was a long and arduous process getting to this
point. The process is not clearly defined and there are multiple steps in
becoming a provider. You must first apply to be a Tricare certified
counselor before applying to be a provider. Once that is done, you will
receive a letter giving you more details about the rest of the application
process.

A tip that I would give anyone seeking to become a Tricare provider is to
make copies of everything before you send them in. Different parts were lost
on separate occasions. Also, Tricare Mental Health is managed by different
insurance companies by region. Mine happens to be Tricare South which is
managed by Humana Military.

Sorry for the lengthy post. If anyone has questions contact me off list.

Thanks and regards,

Jeannie

Jeannie M. Massay

Jeannie M. Massay, President

National Federation of the Blind

Of Oklahoma

505 Baker Street

Norman, OK 73072

405-600-0695

jeannie.massay at nfbok.org

blindness is not what holds you back.

To make a donation to the National Federation of the Blind Imagination Fund
campaign, please visit  <http://www.nfb.org/ImaginingOurFuture>
www.nfb.org/ImaginingOurFuture.