[humanser] gratitude and questions

Merry Schoch merrys at verizon.net
Sat Sep 12 19:06:40 UTC 2015

Hello Dawn,
In the state of Florida hypnosis is not a regulated profession.  However,
those who are not a licensed clinician must use the term Hypnotist which I
did before I received my LCSW.  Now that I am a Licensed Clinical Social
Worker I can use the term Hypnotherapist.    Also, the license clinician
must have 40 hours of training to be able to use the term as well.  My
hypnosis training was a 50 hour training.

Hypnosis is one of my favorite parts of my work.    I engage my client in
creating their script, also allow the client to record the session so they
can use it during the week and in between sessions.  I take notes during our
initial session on my laptop, write the script before the next session, and
then use ear buds while I listen to the script and do the session.  I also
use music that aids in the relaxation of the client.  What interested me is
one day I turned on the music and found my shoulders drooping automatically
because I automatically relaxed when the music began.  Sometimes I dream
about all my clients being hypnosis clients.  I then think I might be too
relaxed to walk to the bus stop after the day is complete (big smile)!
However, I plan on taking additional training to use hypnosis when working
with those who have experienced traumatic events; I know I won't relax
during that session as I do with weight management, stress management, or
smoking cessation.

If you have any specific questions let me know and I'll be happy to answer
them.

Sincerely,
Merry C. Schoch LCSW
National Federation of the Blind