[humanser] Exchanging Files

David Andrews dandrews at visi.com
Tue Sep 22 02:18:00 UTC 2015

Dear List:

There have been a number of messages here recently about people
looking for copies of books, primarily the DSM5.  I know that
locating materials can be a problem for those of us who are
blind.  However, I think it is important that we do so legally, and I
do not want to be put in the position of having nfbnet.org lists used
to promote the pirating of books and other materials.

Just because you have an electronic book, you do not necessarily have
the right to make copies and give them to others.  There may be a
copywright notice in the book, or you may have received a notice when
you joined a service like Bookshare, NLS, or Learning Ally.  Please
abide by these licenses and/or agreements.

It is probably to ask for sources of materials, rather then copies.

If making copies is legal, then go ahead by all means, but I think we
sometimes are getting into a grey, or even black area here.

Dave

E-Mail:  dandrews at visi.com or david.andrews at nfbnet.org