[humanser] Off the topic

JD Townsend 43210 at bellsouth.net
Mon Sep 28 17:43:09 UTC 2015

Hello:

JD has not been trained in EMDR, however I have worked closely in session
with EMDR trained psychotherapists.  It is an excellent tool, but just that.
There is no perspective or system of thought that goes along with it.  There
has been limited success using EMDR with children or adolescents.

The training is time consuming and expensive.  You would locate an
officially certified trainer for a series of trainings, obtaining various
ability levels prior to practicing the technique. and Following class you
will need supervision from an EMDR certified psychotherapist.  Then, you may
become certified yourself!

My friend who uses the technique frequently uses vibrating disks which are
held in either hand or headphones that provide a sound pattern that travels
from ear to ear.

I have not met any blind EMDR professionals, but, then, I haven't looked.

Best of luck and let us know of your success.

JD

JD Townsend LCSW
Helping the light dependent to see.
Daytona Beach, Earth, Sol System