[humanser] Lisa's job update

Lisa Irving peacefulwoman89 at cox.net
Fri Apr 1 15:00:03 UTC 2016

Hello Sherri

Before I was offered the job and through the onboarding process I did and
continue to do the following things: I attended a Job Accommocations
Network,  (JAN met with the director for JAN; recorded our conversation
using my Victor Reader Stream; spent some time reading info. On the JAN
website; spoke to my rehabilitation counselor and spoke to someone from the
California NFB list serve. I don't recall the Job Accommodations Network's
web address. Yesterday, I called JAN. I spoke to someone who sent me
information about what an employer can and cannot ask for when evaluating
the need for accommodations. I happen to work for an organization that I'm
finding is open-minded; believes in my abilities and truly wants to make
things work. I'm unsure about the director of HR. He's pretty far up the
chain of command. More later.

Lisa