[humanser] more job-related questions

Lisa Irving peacefulwoman89 at cox.net
Wed Apr 13 15:13:53 UTC 2016

This is awesome information. Thank you.

-----Original Message-----
From: humanser [mailto:humanser-bounces at nfbnet.org] On Behalf Of Reyazuddin,
Yasmin via humanser
Sent: Wednesday, April 13, 2016 5:50 AM
To: Human Services Division Mailing List <humanser at nfbnet.org>
Cc: Reyazuddin, Yasmin <Yasmin.Reyazuddin at montgomerycountymd.gov>
Subject: Re: [humanser] more job-related questions

Hi Lisa,
The resource fairs and such community events are important. I cannot see
anything but I love giving out information and resources.
Yes, the place is noisy and I never know if someone is stopping to see what
I offer or they just pass by.
If I am doing it solo I find who is on the next table. If I hear them
talking, I also say something to get the visitor to come to me. Another way
of getting people to your table is to have some mint, or candy which people
will stop by to get.
One could have a simple game with pencils for prizes.
I always stand behind the table to hear people passing by. If you have to
sit, place your chair in the front, then you are closer to the people and
can attract them better.
Also label your resources in the best way you know how. I put Braille cards
to insure I do not give away something incorrect.
I hope this helps.

Yasmin Reyazuddin
Aging & Disability Services
Montgomery County Government
Department of Health & Human Services
401 Hungerford Drive (3rd floor)
Rockville MD 20850
240-777-0311 (MC311)
240-777-1556 (personal)
240-777-1495 (fax)
office hours 8:30 am 5:00 pm
Languages English, Hindi, Urdu, Braille
This message may contain protected health information or other information
that is confidential or privileged. If you are not the intended recipient,
please contact the sender by return mail and destroy any copies of this
material.
Thank you.