[humanser] organizing information, more work-related questions

Ginny Duff GDuff at stjoestoronto.ca
Fri Apr 22 15:17:25 UTC 2016

Organisations don't like their information in an unsecured setting.   There have been some horrible situations in which a physician's laptop has been either stollen from their car or left on the subway....  filled with patient information.  Its a confidentiality nightmare.  j

One hospital I work with has made noises about allowing people to bring their own mobile device to work.   This hasn't happened yet and I am sure that figureing out how to protect the info is quite a nightare.    I think the fact that you can wipe your iPhone clean from a distance is one of the reasons this is being considered.    I think Blackberry has a similar feature.   The idea being that if you lose the device, the information can be destroyed b/f anyone else can get it.

Having said that, contact information for organisations is not personal health information and you should be able to have your own database of all of that on your mobile device.

On my team, our staff are all out in the community through the day.   They all have amased a huge contact list over the years and would be completely at a loss without their phones (and I am on the only visually impaired team member.)

Ginny

Please note that my e-mail address has changed as of March 29, 2016 to:    Gduff at stjoestoronto.ca<mailto:Gduff at stjoestoronto.ca>

Dr. V. Duff
Clinical Director, West End ACT Team,
St. Joseph's Heatlh Centre , Toronto
Staff Psychiatrist, Complex Mental Illness, CAMH
Lecturer, University of Toronto
Tel:   416.530.6000, ext 3101
FAX:   416.530.6363