[humanser] organizing information, more work-related questions

Quinto Sanchez sanchezq at prodigy.net
Mon Apr 25 16:54:16 UTC 2016

Hi Lisa,

I want to encourage you to be confident and advocate for yourself. I know it
might be intimidating to have to approach your employer asking for
accommodations especially since it was most likely very difficult to obtain
this employment and you would be afraid to do or say something wrong at the
risk of loosing it however; if you don't ask for accommodations you could
potentially loose your job because you don't have the appropriate materials
that would allow you to perform your job. If you are not fluid in
reading/writing Braille then you would have to use some sort of technology
whether it be a laptop or note taker and both of those items may or may not
be personal items.
A personal laptop can be secured with a password. even the sighted employees
that carry binders with information are at risk of someone breaking into
there vehicle and steeling the binders thinking there would be valuable
information to commit identity theft. there is nothing that is 100% secure
but we can always do as much as we can to make things secure. Therefore, be
confident and approach your employer asking for whatever you feel is needed
to help you perform your job better. Personally, I would not approach the
employer demanding anything I.e. making a request with a ADA brochure
attached or the card of a ADA rights lawyer in plain view but rather, just
approach as a member of the agency's team wanting to do the best that you
can for the agency and those that it serves.