[humanser] Introducing myself and a question to counselors

Janice Toothman janice.toothman at verizon.net
Mon Jun 20 12:14:20 UTC 2016

Elif,

It is definitely possibly to advocate for yourself to have the NCE on a
computer with JAWS.  I took the NCE last year in March. The state I was
in did not want to grant my accommodations but I persisted. I informed
them that all of my graduate examinations had been on an accessible
computer and on with a Reader.  That the ability to complete the
examination independently and at my own pace, just like my sighted
peers. Furthermore, it was essential that I had an accessible format of
the test because this was a test of my competency as a counselor and my
deafblindness should not have significant bearing of test performance.

Janice