[humanser] Driver's license requirement

Lisa Irving peacefulwoman89 at cox.net
Sat Jan 21 06:25:17 UTC 2017

Jan,

I've had a couple of conversations with the Jobs Accommodations Network folks about driving as an essential function. Trucking, taxi drivers and pilot positions are the no-brainer when it comes to essential function. Beyond that, there is no clear cut definition about what constitutes and does not constitute driving as an essential function.

The Equal Employment  Opportunity Commission also does not have a clear definition about what constitutes driving as an essential function.

I believe that at some point the NFB should explore whether we should pick up this torch. There are a lot of us on this list who are equally qualified for jobs in our chosen profession. I recognize that there are only so many hot topics the NFB can address.

Lisa Irving