[humanser] Drivers license requirement

Jonathan Franks jfranks at nfbtx.org
Sat Jan 21 07:10:06 UTC 2017

Hello all,
This is a very interesting thread that I actually came across a situation today.

I was looking for jobs at my State's Department of Family and
Protective Services and came across a CPS Trainee position.

One of the job requirements is:
This position requires use of the applicant's personal motor vehicle
to complete job functions. Applicants for positions must have a
reliable motor vehicle; an acceptable driving record for the past five
years; a current, valid Texas driver's license appropriate for the
vehicle and passenger or cargo load that applies to the job; and proof
of insurance. Applicants must provide proof of driving record,
insurance, and license.

However, my question is:
Could ride sharing services such as Uber and Lift substitute for this
requirement?

I look forward to hearing your responses as this situation is quite new for me.

Jonathan Franks BSW
Secretary
National Federation of the Blind Human Services Division