[humanser] Intro

Caitlin Mongillo caitlin.m.lynch at gmail.com
Tue Jun 6 17:34:18 UTC 2017

Hi everyone,
   I'm a new member and I just wanted to take a quick second to say
hello. My name is Caitlin, and I'm a social worker in Southwest CT. I
got my MSW in 2013, and have been working for the past 3.5 years with
a terrific nonprofit here in CT. My organization specializes in
assisting unemployed people or those who want to change jobs in
locating training opportunities, classes, counseling and resources to
help them land their dream position. Initially, I was hired to assist
PWD coming in to access our services and pair them with state VR if
necessary. However, since 2015, I have also been managing our program
for homeless families. I get to provide a lot of counseling, resource
linkage, and woe on state system change in this project, which I love.
In addition, I work as a mentor for blind college students part time.
Most of my young women are considering careers in the human service
field, so I am hopeful this list serve can be a resource for me to
connect them with professionals who have different experiences than my
own. I hope to learn and to share and I welcome the opportunity to
participate.

Best,
Caitlin