[humanser] future outlook for adaptive tech in HS fields

Sandra Streeter sandrastreeter381 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 14 15:49:05 UTC 2017

Hello,

As I’ve probably mentioned in my rare previous posts, I have a longstanding dream of eventually heading back to school for an LPC degree to work with eating disorders clients. However, both here and on the NFB jobs list, I have seen disturbing mention of our adaptive tech not keeping up with our needs for treatment management and record-keeping. Am I correct in this impression, and what do you think the outlook is, gauging from present experience and other trends? Should I be looking at eating-disorder careers that don’t involve use of this kind of software, and if so, what areas should I consider? Thanks!

Sandra

Not “Revelation” – tis – that waits
But our unfurnished eyes –
(Emily Dickinson)