[humanser] Concern about formatting

Cheryl Wade wadecher at msu.edu
Mon Mar 20 13:16:33 UTC 2017

Greetings,

We who are blind often have contacted publishers when trying to put
print books into other formats such as audio or Braille. Perhaps we need
to begin contacting publishers of assessments to urge them to allow us
to create assessments in formats that benefit US and our clients. We are
not altering their materials; we are providing them to ourselves in a
form that we otherwise would not be able to use. It's ridiculous that
these companies feel they must make rules that deny us access and, as a
result, limit the assessments' use for us and our clients.

Cheryl Wade